The Icom IC-9700 saw its debut at the Tokyo Hamfair August 2017. It follows the form-factor of the hugely successful HF/6 meter IC-7300. The IC-9700 covers 2 meters, 440 and (optional) 1.2 GHz bands. It will have many of the features of the IC-7300 including direct-sampling SDR architecture, color TFT touch screen and real-time spectrum display with waterfall. Additionally the radio is expected to support D-Star, full-duplex, an external display and have main and sub-receive.
Power output is expected to be: 50 (or 100?) watts on 2m/70cm and 10 watts at 1.2 GHz.
This model is not expected until 2019.
Some of the features for ICOM's very-advanced IC-9700 include:
* Direct-Sampling SDR design
* High definition Real-Time TFT display
* Connection for external display
* Main and Sub RX
* Dual Real-Time Spectrum and Waterfall displays
* Dual Watch (with Spectrum/Waterfall displays)
* Touchscreen interface (LCD touch-screen control)
* 50 Watts RF 2m and 70cm; 10 Watts RF 1.2 GHz
* Expected antenna connectors: 2m SO-239, 70cm Type N, 1.2 GHz Type N
* ICOM D-STAR
This device has not been approved by the F.C.C. This device may not be offered for sale or lease or be sold or leased until approval of the F.C.C. has been obtained. The information shown is preliminary and may be subject to change without notice or obligation.