Ameritrons Remote Coax Switch with Lightning Protection lets you remotely switch up to eight HF antennas -- so you can replace 8 coax feedlines with a single coax. Eliminate a tangle of troublesome coax and have a simple and near installation -- with just a single coax feedline!
The RCS-10L also has added lightning protection to each antenna port. This will protect each antenna from one another and prevent damaging voltages from traveling the feedline into the shack if a lightning strike accrues to the antenna.
The RCS-10L consists of two units -- the weatherproof switching box that mounts on your tower or mast and the control unit thats placed at your operating station.
Outdoor Unit Features:
Control Box Features:
- Inexpensive and simple wiring: selects up to eight antennas using one four conductor telephone type control line
- Lightning Protection: Protection on each Antenna Port for Maximum Lightning Protection
- High Power Capability: The RCS-10L relay box will handle over 5 kW into matched loads below 30 MHz
- Long Relay Life: UL/CSA/VDE approved sealed relays with 16 ampere switching current rating. Tested to withstand 1200V.
- Flexible Mounting: The RCS-10L hardware accepts mast sizes from 1 inch to 2 1/4 inches
- Compact: Approximately 5 1/4 W x 6 7/8 D x 3 H inches and weighs just 3 lbs.
- Reliable Connectors: Teflon UHF-style SO-239 females, internal barrier strip for control lines
- Low Voltage: Requires 10-15 Volts at less than 300 mA.
- Wide Frequency Range: Covers DC-100 MHz with low SWR, loss, and good isolation
- Highly Weather Resistant: Sealed relays, stainless hardware, and U-V resistant cover
- Power Requirements: The RCS-10L operates from a 12 Vdc power source (120 VAC Adapter included). Uses any 4 conductor control line (not supplied)
- Easy-To-Read Antenna Indicators Eight wide-spaced LEDs indicate the selected antenna
- Wide Profile 6 1/4 W x 4 5/8 D x 3 1/4 H inches helps prevent unwanted movement when turning selector switch
- Flexible Interface Accepts and outputs one-of-eight control signals, and outputs three-line BCD data