The VMC200L mounted on the GP2 mount allows the owner of this package to get started in high quality observing. The VMC200L is a unique catadioptric optical system. It incorporates a primary mirror and a meniscus corrector just before a secondary mirror. By doing so, light is corrected twice on the optical path. With the optical correction placed before the secondary mirror, the VMC200L avoids the necessity of having a corrector plate and all the dewing problems associated with a closed optical tube.
The VMC200L on the GP2 mount is economical and versatile. The views through the VMC200L are sharper than you might expect in a mirrored optical system and the GP2 equatorial mount works smoothly and allows you to grow when you are ready by adding the Go To Starbook-S system.
Construction: Catadioptric reflector
Primary mirror: f=500mm, f/2.5
Secondary mirror: d=72mm, magnification 3.9x
Distance primary secondary:: ~330mm
Central obstruction 80mm diameter (40% of d)
Theoretical resolution (Dawes): 0.63"
Theoretical min magnitude: 13.3
Tube length ~525mm incl. focuser
Technical data GP2 Mount
- R.A Axis: 144 tooth worm gears
- Declination Axis: 144 tooth worm gears
- R.A. graduations: available as an option
- Dec graduations: available as an option
- Polar Axis Scope: available as an option
- Polar Axis Altitude adjustment 0 to 62 degrees
- Azimuth Adjustment with fine adjustment screws
- Counter weight 1 x 3.7kg
- Maximum loading weight 7kg (15 lb)