- Economical collimation tool ensures that your reflector telescope's optics are in precise alignment
- Combination 5" long sight tube and 1.25" Cheshire eyepiece
- For aligning optics of Newtonian reflectors, Dobsonian reflectors, and Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes (SCTs)
- Peephole in top and crosshairs at bottom enable precise optical centering
- Compatible with 1.25" telescope focusers or 2" focusers with a step-down adapter for using 1.25" accessories
To get the best images from your telescope, its optics must be in precise alignment. This economical tool will ensure that they are.
The Orion Collimating Eyepiece is a combination sight tube and Cheshire eyepiece, consisting of a 5"-long tube made of black-anodized aluminum. It fits in a 1.25" eyepiece holder. A peephole in the top and wire crosshairs at the bottom enable precise centering of Newtonian optical components. The polished 45-degree internal surface projects an annulus of light into the optical path to facilitate primary mirror alignment. Simply insert the Orion Collimating Eyepiece in the focuser drawtube and follow normal collimation steps.
Your Newtonian telescope will always be in excellent optical alignment! Instructions included.
Due to our dealer agreement with Orion, this item can not be shipped outside the USA.