The CL-100 is a Public Alert Certified Weather Radio and can receive all NOAA reports can let people know about severe weather advisories, watches and warnings conditions, civil emergencies, hazards, and evacuation details so they can have more time to react before dangerous storms hit their area. When you're in the path of something like a tornado, seconds can mean the difference between life and death. The CL-100 can respond to emergency alert tones by activating a built-in audio or an external visual alarm. The alarm feature is especially useful for warnings that are issued during the night when most people are asleep. It also features S.A.M.E. technology, the primary trigger for activating the US Hazards and EAS (Emergency Alert System) used by commercial radio, television and cable TV outlets. S.A.M.E. allows you to screen out unwanted or non-local alerts and filter out distant warning broadcasts and monitor only those messages intended for your local area.
The CL-100 Features…
- Tuning Type: PLL Synthesized
- 10 Station Preset Memories (5 for each AM band and FM band)
- LCD Type: Graphic LCM (128 * 64)
- Display Size (visual area): 52 * 26 mm
* FM Band: G87.5MHz ~ 108.0 MHz (with RBDS: Program Service (PS) name, Radio text (RT) message, Clock Time(CT) and date)
- AM Band: 520kHz ~ 1710kHz
- Receives All NOAA Weather Channels: 1ch ~ 7ch
- Public Alert Certified
- S.A.M.E. Technology (Location Based Weather Alerts).
- Ability to Add & Remove Alerts.
- Scrolling LCD Display of S.A.M.E. Event Messages
- The CL-100 has a graphic LCM (128 * 64 Pixels Graphic) LCD
module with excellent display quality and wide viewing angle. It
can scroll LCD display of S.A.M.E. event information. In addition,
the CL-100 has dimmer and contrast control adjustment for
viewing the display in the dark.
- Memory System for 25 Counties
- 20 Event Message Memories
- RTC: Manual/Automatically (RBDS CT) Set
- 12 Hour Time Format
- Auto - Calendar / Weekday Display
- A 3.5mm stereo Auxiliary Input
socket is provided on the rear of
the CL-100 to allow an audio signal
to be fed into the unit from an
external audio device such as MP3 or CD player.
- The CL-100 can function with either fixed / embedded
antennas for great reception of AM / FM / Weather from all
directions, or as two external antennas of AM / FM / Weather
directionally to zero in or distant or weak stations in remote areas.