The ARRL RFI Book
-- Second Edition
Practical Cures for Radio Frequency Interference
There are two kinds of hams: Those who don't have interference problems and those who get on the air!
ARRL's team of experts have compiled the best advice available on every type of radio frequency interference (RFI), from automotive to television, from computers to DVD players, from audio equipment to telephones. This second edition also includes resources for tackling power line noise, cable television interference, and RFI solutions for other electrical devices. If it's a device that can be affected by interference, including your radio receiver, you'll find practical cures in this book.
Second edition. © 2007, The American Radio Relay League, Inc.
(ISBN: 0-87259-989-2) #9892
Table of Contents:
- Radio Interference Basics
- EMC Fundamentals
- RFI Troubleshooting Techniques
- Radio Direction Finding
- Antenna-Connected Televisions
- Cable Television Interference
- DVD Devices and VCRs
- Telephone RFI
- Stereos and Other Audio Equipment
- Power Lines and Electrical Devices
- How to Resolve a Power Line Noise Complaint
- External Rectification - "The Rusty Bolt Effect"
- "Intermod" - A Modern Urban Problem
- RFI at the Receiver
- RFI Regulations and Standards
- How to Form a Local RFI Committee
- RFI and Unlicensed RF Noise Sources