- For terrestrial or astronomical use, this diagonal produces a right-side-up, non-reversed image with correct daytime orientation
- Fully coated prisms for superior image fidelity and maximum light throughput
- Accepts 1.25" eyepieces, fits in 1.25" focusers
- Not recommended for use in Newtonian reflector or Dobsonian reflector telescopes
- Requires 5/8" more focus travel than typical star diagonals
For terrestrial viewing with a refractor or Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope, use of a correct-image (or image erecting) prism telescope diagonal may be desirable. The image through the eyepiece will appear upright and non-reversed, matching naked-eye orientation. This makes a correct-image telescope diagonal essential for comfortable terrestrial viewing with the above telescope types. The diagonal is also useful for astronomical viewing for those that prefer to have the view through the telescope match the naked-eye orientation. This telescope diagonal is fully multi-coated for maximum light transmission and is threaded for use with 1.25" eyepiece filters.
Note that the 45° Orion Correct-Image Prism Diagonal requires 5/8" more focus travel than typical diagonals.
Diagonals are not suitable for use with Newtonian reflector telescopes due to insufficient focus travel.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact Orion at 800-676-1343.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
Due to our dealer agreement with Orion, this item can not be shipped outside the USA.