Follow the stars with one of the smartest values in a telescope and mount combination package. This package has the GP2 mount that, once aligned to Polaris, will help keep the movement of the stars centered in your field of view.
A first step in becoming an amateur astronomer is understanding the movement of the stars as our Earth rotates. This mount could be the last mount you ever need. It iis upgradeable and expandable, to the new Starbook S Go-To system Coupled with the versatility of the A80Mf Achromatic Refractor optical tube, amateur astronomers will spend countless hours of enjoyable observing..
The A80Mf with GP2 Mount comes complete with:
- A 80mm (3.2”) optical tube.
- A smaller 6 power finder telescope that attaches to the main scope to help you center the object.
- A 20mm eyepiece for general viewing.
- A 6.3mm eyepiece for those really clear nights, for high power viewing.
- A diagonal Prism that connects the eyepiece to the telescope.
- A Dew / Sun shield.
- A Complete tube rings and dovetail plate to quickly attach the A80Mf to the GP2 Mount
The GP2 equatorial mount comes standard with tripod and counterweight. It is easy to use and functions well for both the visual observer and astrophotography. The declination and right-ascension functions with 144-tooth aluminum worm gears allowing accurate tracking. Motion is controlled by included control knobs for accurate slewing. The polar altitude adjustment varies from 0° to 62° in altitude.
Optional single axis or dual axis motors and controllers are available as is a polar alignment telescope and setting circles. Add the new Vixen Starbook S with built in starchart for full Go-To capabilities.