* After Instant Kenwood Amateur Savings $300
(Good thru 06/30/2017)
Limited to quantity on hand
TS-590SG, a new HF/50MHz all mode transceiver with remarkable RX performance designed to enable a wide range of users — from beginners to seasoned DX’ers — to enjoy a full range of ham radio pursuits.
The TS-590S marks a bold new chapter in Kenwood's proud history of manufacturing high-performance transceivers. Featuring a narrow-band Roofing Filter the TS-590S significantly reduces interference from unwanted signals that would be hidden to lesser rigs. With IF AGC based on advanced DSP technology, Kenwood has essentially redefined HF performance.
Built to satisfy the most demanding DX'er, this high-performance HF transceiver takes Amateur Radio to the next level continuing the Kenwood tradition of operating ease and rugged reliability.
1.Superb RX Performance: Excellent Dynamic Range Even with Powerful Off-frequency Interference
• Powerful 500Hz / 2.7kHz roofing filter
When receiving on one of the main Amateur bands under 21MHz, the TS-590S employs down conversion* for the first IF (11.374MHz). Having the 1st roofing filter (6kHz BW) directly after the Mixer enhances the noise blanker’s ability to deal with adjacent off-frequency signals. And the 2nd roofing filter — which comes after the post amplifier and really determines RX performance — is equipped as standard with a 500Hz / 2.7kHz BW 6-pole MCF. This results in superb dynamic range when adjacent signals are present, performance that was not previously possible using up conversion. So even when an interfering signal approaches the target frequency, a virtually flat dynamic range is maintained. Even in with strong adjacent interference, you can capture a clear signal.
* For 1.8/3.5/7/14/21MHz amateur bands, when receiving in CW/FSK/SSB modes down conversion is selected automatically if the final passband is 2.7kHz or less.
• DDS offers superb C/N (Carrier to Noise ratio) characteristics, significantly cutting noise generated by adjacent unwanted signals
For the 1st local oscillator frequency, instead of employing conventional PLL/VCO, the output of a DDS (Direct Digital Synthesizer) is supplied directly to the following mixer. When down conversion is active, the oscillator frequency is lower than it is with up conversion, so the output boasts even better C/N (Carrier to Noise ratio) characteristics and a desirable level of reciprocal mixing.
* Reciprocal Mixing：To measure the level of reciprocal mixing, an off-channel signal is mixed with the output of a signal generator, which is then varied until the unwanted signal can be detected as noise. The higher the figure, the less noise will be generated by adjacent interference, allowing undisturbed reception.
2. Wide Range of Features Thanks to 32-bit Floating-point DSP
• Advanced AGC with digital signal processing from the IF stage onward
The TS-590S employs a DSP from the IF stage onward. Kenwood was the first to offer DSP-based IF AGC in an amateur radio (TS-870) and this DSP technology has been further enhanced for the TS-590S, resulting in the development of a unique approach to IF AGC.
It is possible to apply level-optimized AGC even for signals that slip between the roofing filter and the final IF passband. You can be confident of optimum operation at all times, without having to think about the roofing filter bandwidth.
Gain control performance has been greatly improved for the target signal in the final IF passband (RX band). This results in in-band IMD (intermodulation distortion) characteristics on a par with those of top-of-the-line transceivers. You can enjoy superb RX with next-generation Kenwood sound.
3. Stable operation guaranteed. Designed for high reliability.
• 100W heavy-duty design
The cooling system features a pair of 60×60 mm fans of the same size as on the previous model. Having two fans provides sufficient air flow at low rpm, ensuring quiet operation. Meticulous attention has been paid not only to the fans and motors but also to the size and shape of the intake/exhaust vents as a comprehensive approach to noise reduction. The aluminum die-cast chassis is combined with a large heat sink to enhance heat dissipation efficiency, minimizing the rise in temperature in the final section during continuous TX sessions. This heavy-duty design is capable of withstanding long hours of operation under grueling conditions typical of contests or DXpeditions.
• Built-in automatic antenna tuner
The preset-type automatic antenna tuner enables quick band changing and can even operate when the TS-590S is receiving. When the TX frequency changes, the requisite preset data (stored separately for each antenna band) is loaded into the antenna tuner circuit to ensure that optimum matching is rapidly achieved without having to retune.
4. Superior Ease of Operation Plus A More Enjoyable TX/RX Performance
• User-friendly menus, outstanding operating ease
The TS-590S features menus for intuitive access to features. The combination of menu and arrow keys makes operation intuitive. Also, the menu mode is visible in the main area, while the sub area scrolls through the relevant guidance information.
• Large display with 2-color LED backlight
The large display ensures outstanding visibility under all conditions. And you can select amber or green for the LED backlight.
• USB connectivity for PC control
Thanks to the addition of a USB port, the TS-590S can be hooked up to a PC with a USB cable, enabling PC control of the transceiver plus TX/RX audio connectivity.
- 500 Hz / 2.7 kHz Roofing Filters
- 32-bit floating point DSP
- 100 W heavy-duty design
- Automatic antenna tuner
- USB port for PC connectivity
- Frequency Range
- TX 180,80,60,40,30,20,17,15,12,10, 6 meter bands
- RX 0.13 ~ 30 MHz, 50 ~ 54 MHz
- (VFO: Continuous 30 kHz ~ 60 MHz)
- Mode J3E(SSB), A1A(CW), A3E(AM), F3E(FM), F1B(FSK)
- Frequency Stabilitys ±5ppm (±0.5ppm with SO-3), -10° C~ +50° C
- Antenna Impedance 50 Ω
- Antenna Tunable Range 16.7 ~ 150 Ω
- Supply Voltage 13.8 V DC ±15%
- Current Drain
- TX 20.5A or less
- RX (No signal) 1.5A or less
- Operating Temperature 14°F ~ 122°F (-10° C~ +50° C)
- Without projections 10.63 x 3.78 x 11.46 in (270 × 96 × 291 mm)
(W x H x D)
- With projections 11.02 x 4.21 x 13.19 in (280 x 107 x 335 mm)
- Weight (Net) 16.31 lbs
- MC-90 :
- MC-60A :
- MC-47 :
- MC-43S : Hand Microphone (As supplied)
- HS-5 :
- PG-20 :
- SO-3 :
- LF-30A :
(50 MHz band
is not supported)
- MB-430M2 :
- SP-23 :
- VGS-1 : Voice guide & Storage Unit
(available FREE for downloading
from the Kenwood website )
(available FREE for downloading
from the Kenwood website)
#- CHS-ts-590 #