Introducing the C6-SGT, the newest member of the Advanced Series family. Unparalleled performance, unbeatable value!
The Advanced C6-SGT is Celestron’s first new Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system in over a decade. A totally unique aperture size, the C6-S is available in computerized (GT) and non-computerized models. Our NEW 6” Schmidt-Cassegrain features a precision optical system with 1500mm focal length (f/10) and offers 40% more light gathering than a 5” telescope. All C6-S models come standard with Celestron’s StarBright® XLT coatings at no extra cost. The C6-SGT comes mounted on the CG-5 GT computerized EQ mount and allows access to features like automatic star alignment capability and GoTo slewing to over 40,000 objects. Equipped with high speed motors and hand control, the C6-SGT allows you to remotely slew your telescope to desired objects quickly and accurately. No matter at what level you are starting out, this precision instrument will satisfy your needs both visually and photographically.
The Advanced GT Series telescopes include these high performance features:
- GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory (#93966)
- Proven NexStar® computer control technology
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- 40,000+ object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with 19 backlit LED buttons
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- The CG-5 GT computerized mount features Celestron's sleek integrated design
The Advanced Series C6-SGT Specifications:
- 150mm (6") Schmidt-Cassegrain Optical Design
- 1500mm f/10 Focal Length
- Adjustable 2" Steel Leg Tripod with Accessory Tray/Leg Brace
- Right Ascension and Declination Setting Circles
- Slow Motion Control Knobs on Both Axes
- Telescope Weight: 52 lb.
- 40,000+ object database, 100+ user defined programmable objects.
- Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; Hand Control
- DC Servo Motors with Encoders on both Axes
- 3º/second Max. Slew Speed
- RS-232 communication port on hand control
- Auxiliary Port and Autoguider Port on motor drive
The Advanced Series C6-SGT Standard Accessories:
- 1-1/4" 25mm Plössl Eyepiece (60x)
- 6x30 Finderscope and Mounting Bracket
- CG-5GT Equatorial Mount and Tripod
- Star Diagonal - 1-1/4"
- The Sky Level I CD-ROM
- Accessory Tray
Unfortunately our dealer agreements with Meade, Coronado, Celestron and Orion only permits us to ship their telescopes and accessories to addresses inside the United States of America.