G2 Gateway Software
With the GLOBAL growth of D-STAR, we have gathered a wish list of improvements from you, the System Operators. Today, we announce the upcoming release of G2 for the US market!
With the upcoming release of the G2 Gateway software, the Gateway Software administrator course is suspended and not required for the G2 software. While we have offered the first generation for system owners at no charge, this will not be the case for the G2 version. Starting April 1, 2008, the G2 software will be available for sale. Contact your favorite dealer for pricing information.
- Web browser-based (CGI) user interface
- Gateway registration request system
- User information management
- Individual Edit via web browser
- Introduce Relational Database management system
- Individual systems use DHCP
- Trust server requires static IP
- Data separate from Application
- Enables data to be used for other applications
- False Entries eliminated from Database
- Divert Gateway Trust Server if system crash (Static IP Required)
- One port per system, up to 10 systems
NOTE: The original gateway software package is NOT compatible with the new G2 software.
CentOS 5 (recommended)
Compatible software version
Linux® Kernel 2.4.20 or later
glibc 2.3.2 or later
BIND 9.2.1 or later
CPU: 2.4 GHz or faster
Memory: At least 512 MB
LAN board: 2 (NIC from Intel® is recommended)
HDD: At least 10 GB of free space (incl. OS installation)
Middleware: Apache 2.0.59
(Above middlewares are installed at the same time when installing the GW soft-ware.)
Internet line Line speed: Up to 1 Mbps
(Approximate effective speed*) for both uplink/downlink
*Measure typical speed (thruput) using with a line speed test site, etc.
<Maximum through put calculation>
The following effective speed is necessary for each operating mode.
DV mode: 30 kbps/connection
DD mode: 180 kbps/connection•
Example: When connecting three digi-tal voice (multicast operation) and one data repeater;
DV mode: multicast (max. 10 areas)
30 kbps × 10 areas × 3 port = 900 kbps
DD mode: one port
Required maximum effective speed:
900 kbps + 180 kbps = 1080kbps
Fixed IP address (for Trust Server only)
Apply to the ISP to acquire a fixed global IP address.
Following function/s is/are additionally required for the common router
Class A subnet mask (255.0.0.0) can be set for LAN