Digital shortwave general purpose, 4 -band shortwave receiver
GP-5 SSB radio is made based on a continued request for a excellent quality general purpose information radio. Remember, always have a radio and be prepared, we are living in changing times.
We are pleased to announce the GP-5/SSB radio with excellent HF communications monitoring in a unique hand held form factor and at a great price. The radio covers medium wave 520-1710 kHz shortwave 2300-30000 kHz and the FM band. Unlike most radios in this price category, the GP-5/SSB provides LSB and USB single sideband reception. It has a very unique Easy Tuning Mode (ETM). ETM does more the usual ATS. It scans all frequencies without taking up the memory spaces. So you get quick access to all local stations. Great for the traveler. There are also 450 regular memories (100 AM, 100 FM and 250 shortwave) available for tuning into your favorite stations. Another unique feature of the radio is its removable high sensitivity external AM ferrite antenna. This directional antenna clearly enhances AM band reception. The GP-5/SSB even employs DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology, improving clarity and tone quality. There is even an adjustable sleep timer.
This radio has been completely redesigned by our engineers and the the factory to be a important part of both your survival kit and your fun kit. The performance of this radio surpasses radios costing 2-3 times more.
- Radio: 225 hrs at 40% Volume ( 50% Increased Runtime )
- FM – Stereo via stereo earphones / MW / LW / SW
- FM Frequency range adjustable (76 / 87 / 87.5 ~ 108 MHz)
- Antenna Length 18 Inches
- 450 Station Memories
- Multi Tuning Methods: ATS, ETM, Auto scan tuning with 5 seconds pre-listening for both frequency & memory (VF / VM), Manual tuning 9K/10K AM tuning step selectable
- Silicon Labs Si4734 DSP chipset
- LCD Backlight
- Key lock function
- External AM antenna Jack
- Built-in rechargeable function (USB jack, 5V) ( can use rechargeable batteries )
- Size: 53 (W) x 159 (H) x 26 (D) mm
Modes : AM, FM, SW, USB, LSB
- FM: 87 – 108 or 76 – 108 MHz
- MW/ AM: 522 - 1620 (9K tuning step) or 520 – 1710 kHz (10K tuning step )
- SW: Extended Frequency Range to 1711-29999 ( higher and lower coverage )
- LW frequency: 150 – 522 kHz (available for 9K tuning step only)
- Stereo earphones
- External AM antenna
- Soft antenna
- Carrying pouch
- User manual
- 4.5 Volts DC via side jack (no adapter included)
- 3 each "AA" batteries ( Batteries not included )
- Dimensions: 6.20" X 2.05" X .80"
- Weight: 85 Grams not including batteries
- Speaker: 40 mm in diameter, 4 Ohms, .5 watt
- Earphone Jack: 3.5 MM, Earphones Included