Mini Digital USB SDR Stick FM+DAB DVB-T (R820T2+RTL2832U) SDR
A software defined radio (SDR) system is a system in which the components are implemented in software instead of the traditional way of hardware implementation. It consists of an RF front-end [R820T2] followed by and analog- to-digital converter [RTL2832U] which provides samples to a host computer. The rest of the processing is done solely in software. Generally at least a dual core processor will be required to run most SDR software smoothly.
The TVB-T USB dongle is based on the Realtek RTL2832U chip. This dongle was originally made to receive and decode the European standard digital television. With the combined efforts of Antti Palosaari, Eric Fry and Osmocom it was found that the signal I/Q data could be accessed directly, which allowed the DVB-T TV tuner to be converted into a wideband software defined radio via a new software driver. This feature enables this device to be used as an inexpensive ”Software Defined Radio”.
Note: The Rafael Micro R820T2 tuner chip can tune between 25 – 1750 MHz.
There are many other software defined radios better than the RTL-SDR, but they all come at a much higher price.
Works well with
SDR# and Many RTL-SDR software packages. (not included). but many are FREE to download.
You should also Download latest Zadig (Windows Driver installer) from
Note: the included software does NOT work with the ATSC HDTV TV signals broadcast in US/Canada/Mexico. It is designed for European digital TV standards only.
Mini Digital USB TV Stick FM+DAB DVB-T RTL2832U+R820T2 Support SDR Tuner Receiver
DVB-T is an abbreviation for "Digital Video Broadcasting — Terrestrial"; it is the DVB European-based consortium standard for the broadcast transmission of digital terrestrial television
Digital terrestrial television systems worldwide. Countries using DVB-T or DVB-T2 are shown in blue.
- System Requirements: Microsoft Windows XP / 2000 / Vista / 7 / 8
- Desktop or notebook, 800MHZ CPU or above, 128 RAM or above, VGA card with at the least 8MB memory, Sound card, Microsoft direct X9.0 or above, Digital terrestrial TV antenna
- Special Requirement for Operating PIP: VGA card support VMR 9,
- USB 2.0 port, P4 1.8G recommended, Tuner
- Input Terminal: 75 Ohm MCX female
- Receiving Frequency : 25 – 1750 MHz
- Tuner Range: COFDM & FEC
- Fully DVB-T Compliant: 2K or 8K FFT size
- Bandwidth: 6 / 7 / 8MHz auto select
- Color: Black
- Stick Size: 30.5 * 72 *14.4mm
- Remote control Size: 88 * 40 * 7mm
- Net weight: 22g
- 1 x USB DVB-T Stick With FM & DAB
- 1 x Extra powerful antenna
- 1 x CD with BlazeVideo HDTV player (DVB-T) software v6 *
* Does not decode ATSC HDTV signals used in USA/Canada/Mexico
Note: None of the software that comes on the CD is needed for SDR work.
- 1 x remote control
A good RTL-SDR Quick Start Guide is found HERE
A good tutorial on hardware/software/driver installation using HDSDR software is listed Here
Google Chrome users can consider this Radio Receiver Extension
You may want to consider getting a MCX to SMA female adapter to connect the dongle to a better antenna.
#- SDR-R820T2 #