It's not just a big telescope. It's a big telescope that goes anywhere. New LightBridge truss-dobs from Meade take down and set up quickly. So you can take one of these massive windows on the universe out to your favorite dark sky locations with ease. LightBridge dobs give you high quality Meade optics, premium components, and ultra portability - all for about the same price as an ordinary tube dob. So get a LightBridge truss-dob. And prepare to cross the universe.
- Diffraction Limited Optics Meade optics consistently outperform telescopes of similar and larger aperture. Consumers know that “Meade Optics Inside” means that what they see through our telescopes will be views that are detailed, crisp and full of contrast.
- Meade Optical Coatings Aluminum Coatings with magnesium fluoride over coat provides bright images full of detail.
- 2" Crayford-Style Machined Aluminum Focuser With 1.25" Adapter Smooth precise focusing is achieved with this classic design. A unique focus tension knob and focus lock design gives complete control over focus.
- Built-In Primary Mirror Cooling Fan Bring the telescope into thermal equilibrium quickly and efficiently with the battery powered cooling fan. The fan is mounted to the rear of the “vented” primary mirror cell for fast cool down.
- Steel RA Roller Bearings (deluxe model only) Roller bearings make movements smooth and effortless.
- Advanced Four-Reticle Red Dot Viewfinder (deluxe model only) Four reticles and varying brightness controls allow this deluxe finder to adjust to your observing needs.
- 26mm Series 4000™ Super Plossl Eyepiece Standard Model This is a Premium 4-element 1.25" eyepiece with a stunning 52° Apparent Field of View.
- 26mm QX™ Wide Angle 2" Eyepiece Deluxe Model This premium eyepiece has a 2" barrel, and boasts a whopping 70° Apparent Field of View
16" Deluxe Model
OTA Open truss design. Upper cage metal tube
containing spider and secondary mirror holder,
focuser with attachment points for truss tubes.
Lower metal tube containing mirror cell, altitude bearings,
battery powered fan, with truss tube attachment
castings and captive bolts and knobs.
All 16 inch models have a triangular ground plate.
Truss tubes Silver anodized aluminum with attachment hardware
and captive bolts. Machined aluminum altitude
Secondary Mirror Support 4-vane, steel
Mirror 16" (406mm)
Focal length 1829mm (72")
Focal ratio f/4.5
Resolving Power 0.45 arc seconds
Limiting visual magnitude 14.5
Focuser 10 to 1 dual-speed 2" Crayford style machined
aluminum with 1.25” adapter.
Mount Swivel base with Teflon bearings for azimuth.
Eyepiece tray For one 2” and three 1.25” eyepieces mounted on
one side of the base.
Eyepiece Meade 26mm Super Plössl
Dust Cover To fit over primary mirror inside of lower tube.
Finder Standard red dot
Computer Software CD-ROM of Autostar Suite Astronomer's Edition
Assembled OTA weight 74 lbs.
Assembled Mount weight 54 lbs.
Total Assembled telescope wt. 128 lbs.
Fully assembled weight of the optical tube is 74 pounds, mount weight is 54 pounds. Ships in 2 boxes with weights of 90 and 62 pounds.
A per-item shipping charge (in addition to the standard shipping and handling charge) applies to this product due to its size and weight. This charge varies based on the shipping method.
Standard Per-Item Shipping Charge: $100.00