If you are looking to start out with something a little larger than a beginner scope and want to spend the time to learn the sky instead of relying on a computer to slew the scope over to each object, this is the package for you The A80Mf attached to the Porta Mount moves easily and is stable when stopped. No tweaking of the hand controls is necessary like some other brands. I was able to smoothly track a pod of dolphin out at sea without loosing them and took a few images with my digital camera attached to the second port on the flip mirror diagonal.
The A80Mf with Porta Mount comes complete with:
- 80mm (3.2”) optical tube.
- A smaller 6 power finder telescope that attaches to the main scope to help you center the object.
- A 20mm eyepiece for general viewing.
- A 6.3mm eyepiece for those really clear nights, for high power viewing.
- A diagonal Prism that connects the eyepiece to the telescope.
- A Dew / Sun shield.
- A Complete tube rings and dovetail plate to quickly attach the A80Mf to the Porta Mount.
- Porta Mount with locking extension legs, accessory tray, slow motion controls and adjustment tool set.