- Holds a maximum instrument capacity of 30 lbs
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
Improved electronics with increased memory for future expansion
NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Engineered from the ground up with astroimaging in mind, the new Advanced VX series from Celestron sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes. Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on Celestron’s most sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, with all the performance of their larger observatory mount. Or, if you’re new to imaging, this mount will help you get started with the hobby and keep up with your needs for years to come.
||Adjustable, Stainless Steel
|Tripod Leg Diameter
|Mount Height (Max)
||64" in (1626 mm)
|Mount Height (Min)
||44" in (1118 mm)
|Weight Capacity (Max)
||18 lbs (8.16 kg)
|Weight of Counterweights
||1 x 12 lbs
||2-year Telescope Warranty
- All-Star Polar Alignment
- Flash Upgradeable
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star
Unfortunately our dealer agreements with Meade, Coronado, Celestron and Orion only permits us to ship their telescopes and accessories to addresses inside the United States of America.